Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Password Tool - This is AWESOME!

How many passwords do you have online? I probably have over 100, between my website clients and all of my personal stuff. It's too much to remember, and I never can keep all of my bookmarks consistent between different PCs.

Check out this nifty and inexpensive tool:
http://www.roboform.com

I have the "to go" version, which works on a flash drive. So now no matter where I am, or whose computer I'm borrowing, all of my passwords (and bookmarks) are available on my flash drive.

Roboform saves your password, along with the link to the site where it's used. You can use 1 click to go to the site, login and press enter. All of your password data is encrypted under a single master password. It can also generate random passwords for you, so that you can stop using your dog's name as the password for everything you do (especially important if you are doing banking online or shopping). You can even set up "identities" which will fill in your name, address and credit card information on a page when you click a button. It's a huge timesaver if you shop online frequently.

It is one of the most useful things I've got in my computer "toolbox" and it only costs about $20! Check it out sometime and let me know how much you love it... there's even a free trial available.

No comments:

Post a Comment