Monday, July 22, 2013

Accuracy of Website Information - for Government Agency Transactions

Have you recently looked at a website to get information and then later found out that it was inaccurate?  Personally, I think any company or government agency who posts information to their website needs to be responsible for its accuracy and timeliness.

If I'm depending on a website to get a list of requirements for some transaction, especially with a government agency, then an inaccurate list of details could potentially cause me great inconvenience, multiple trips, etc. and of course anger/frustration.  Any government agency, such as the secretary of state or DMV, is typically hard to reach over the phone.  A a website is a perfect place for them to provide details such as requirements for their services in a place that I can find it, then use it to prepare for any transaction which must be handled in person.

Please don't make me come back because I don't have some document that you require that was not listed on your website!  And please don't put so many restrictions on the types of transactions that can be handled completely online.  It is better for BOTH of us when I don't have to come to your office and wait in line with the huddled masses.  Save my tax dollars that are spent on those clerks who move so slowly, and make as much information and as many transactions as possible available online instead!!


No comments:

Post a Comment